In this episode, Gil and Giulia talk about:
- what we can learn when we think about Black Lives Matter as a transnational movement
- public markers (or the lack thereof) of historical racial trauma and violence
- the similar, yet distinct, forms of amnesia and erasure with respect to the racial histories of Europe and the United States
You might also want to look at:
- “What We (Still) Need to Learn” (an essay by Gil)
- Giulia has recently written an article on this topic which is not yet published. If you are interested, please feel free to contact Giulia and ask for a copy. In the meantime, here’s the abstract.